Thursday, September 17, 2009

R.I.P MARY TRAVERS & PATRICK SWAYZE...

What a tough year this has been with deaths in the entertainment industry!

I'm sad to say goodbye to Patrick Swayze (1952-2009) a talented actor who every girl will remember from his breakout film Dirty Dancing...

'Nobody puts baby in the corner'

He also starred in such amazing cult flicks like Ghost and Point Break..

On September 29th his inspirational memoir 'The Time of My Life', co-written with his wife, will be published.. It will be a MUST READ for me... I love something he was quoted saying in 2005 to EW.

"Dance is a metaphor for life. You're born. You peak. Your physical body goes downhill, but your sprit stays intact"


Sadly another great musician passed away too on Wednesday... Mary Travers from the 60's trio Peter, Paul and Mary.

They were famous for one of the most talked about songs 'Puff (The Magic Dragon)' which many believed to be about marijuana. They have always dismissed this rumor stating "there never was a different meaning that the obvious one... about the loss of innocence of children'.


Peter, Paul and Mary also had hit songs 'Lemon Tree', 'If I had a Hammer', 'Leaving on Jet Plane' and 'Where have all the Flowers Gone?'.

R.I.P MARY & PATRICK YOUR LEGACY WILL LIVE ON

No comments:

Post a Comment